3rd Line UC & CC Engineer
South East | Flexible | Full-time
AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era – providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore AdEPT is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings.
The Role in Brief
The 3rd line UC Engineer works as the 1st point of escalation within the Comms South Service Desk team. You will be supporting the Service Desk team and managing technical issues passed to you, sharing knowledge and providing guidance and advice to the team. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions and will be knowledgeable in topics such as Avaya CC and UC, Microsoft Teams, Public and Private Cloud telephony, server hardware, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, security and bespoke managed solutions.
You will act as the primary point of contact for your assigned tickets raised by both phone or email, as well quickly identifying the priority of the issue and ensuring they are dealt with within an agreed SLA. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, peers and senior members of the team, gathering all relevant information around the issues & correctly recording this within the service management system. Where necessary, you will escalate issues to the relevant team and report key information to the Head of Service. The role requires you to be able to move from one issue to another efficiently, whilst dealing with a broad range of technologies and end user abilities.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- Supporting The Customer – Working on issues raised by clients, understanding the different business needs of the customers and recording all key information to support them. Support can be via phone or email. Adherence to company & client processes to deliver an outstanding experience. Utilising a range of remote access & monitoring tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Achieving SLA targets – Managing your time and that of the Service Desk team to prioritise urgent tickets across the team while ensuring all requests meet the contracted SLA. Monitoring the KPI’s of all tickets within the Service Desk workload to ensure targets and expectations are met.
- Customer Satisfaction – Owning issues through the initial phases of support and keeping the clients informed of all progress with the issue. Working with the clients to ensure a fast and effective resolution to the item raised. Deliver effective communication with all customers including Directors.
- Documentation – Working within the team to ensure all client documentation is updated and correctly recorded in the relevant system, aiding effective closure times. Documentation includes client’s infrastructure, e mails, and updating of all systems to aid the support process and allow other parts of the business to effectively manage the end-to-end process. It is essential that data is precisely recorded in the Service Desk System to ensure AdEPT can accurately report on services provided, ticket status, and activities undertaken.
- Supporting Service Desk Team – You will be working on issues from the ticket queue and those that have been escalated by the Service Desk team, making the decision on whether to become the primary point of contact on that ticket or take a mentoring role depending on circumstances. You will need to prioritise your work to ensure any failed service is restored as quickly as possible while providing regular updates on all your tickets and communicating to other areas of business about major problems and on-going issues. Leading by example so that policies and standards are maintained across the team.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers – When necessary, request support from external suppliers regarding hardware, software or connectivity support. Communicate updates to the customer and ensure the relevant 3rd party meets its SLA targets.
Supporting the customer
- Answering inbound calls from clients.
- Picking up tickets from the Service Desk queue and managing tickets to closure; it is expected that on average 7 hours will be spent on this within a shift.
- Identify where tools, processes and systems are impacting closure rates.
- Be capable of understanding the number and type of issues you have personally closed and that of the Service Desk team as a whole and be capable of discussing any problematic tickets with peers and line management.
- Supporting the customer base with a varied range of technologies including Avaya CC and UC, Microsoft Teams with Audiocodes, Public and Private Cloud telephony, server hardware, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, security and bespoke managed solutions.
- Keeping the customer and ticket updated with developments.
- Where required, escalating the ticket either within the team or on to Management level.
Acheiving SLA targets
- Working within your team to ensure all tickets are actioned within SLA.
- Where tickets are unable to be closed with a first fix, identify further resolution steps and actions with the client.
- Monitor activity through various ticket reporting tools.
- Consistently meet or exceed customer expectations with regards to the SLA.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the outcome & with their experience of AdEPT.
- Consistently achieve the highest standard of response and identify when assistance is required to accomplish this.
- Provide information when required to the service delivery teams about ongoing tickets and reports relating to customers history.
Documentation and information
- Providing regular and effective documentation to help maintain and effectively monitor a client’s systems and networks and encourage this across the team.
- Produce highly detailed and accurate documentation; all relevant documentation will be completed for each ticket worked.
- Your documentation of an incident will be reviewed when escalating and receiving escalations and must provide all relevant information.
- You must ensure your tickets accurately reflect the current status and must be closed out once work activities to address the issue are complete.
Supporting Service Desk Team
- Working on issues escalated by the Service Desk team, ensuring you maintain the documentation and communication for the issue.
- Identifying when business critical services are impacted and adjusting the ticket priority accordingly.
- Working within your team to identify the fix and any underling issues that could cause repeat issues. Report this to the Head of Service for review.
- Communicate any ongoing issues to relevant teams to ensure no time is wasted on repeat troubleshooting.
- Provide feedback to Head of Service on issues that have been escalated including documented fixes for use by the Service Desk Team.
- Working with the Head of Service to ensure that key indicators are being met on tickets.
- Identifying issues that require intervention and reporting these to the relevant body.
- Provide on site support to the teams, on the process and escalation of tickets.
- Assist with the development of junior team members, mentoring and sharing best practices and delivering knowledge transfers.
Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- When required raising cases with 3rd party vendors for supported products.
- Ensure regular updates to the tickets to meet SLA requirements.
- Where required arrange access to sites or servers for further support.
- Provide full and clear documentation of the issues to allow for the quickest support.
- Report progress of ongoing cases to Head of Service.
- Escalate case with supplier when required.
- Report and document any action carried out by the 3rd party.
Department Organisation Structure
- Reports to the Head of Service
Skills / Interests Required
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development
- A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals
- Proven ability to take a lead through the life of a ticket.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills
- Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Keen interest in Cloud technologies.
- Lead by example
- Strong communicator
- Minimum 9 years previous experience with a ticketing system or systems in a Technical Service Desk or implementation role.
- Mandatory Avaya qualifications to include:
- Avaya ACSS Contact Centre
- Avaya ACSS Core Components
- Avaya ACSS Communication Applications
- Avaya ACSS Call Centre Elite
- Avaya ACSS Messaging
- Strong knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge of:
- Qualified, experienced and proven practical support knowledge across a minimum of 3 products for which you are considered team Subject Matter Expert with focus on Avaya products and a minimum of 1 other telephony vendor e.g. Microsoft Teams, Audiocodes, EngHouse, 8×8, TelcoSwitch, E:LG Hosted.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues; telephony UC and CC, firewalls, VPN, WAN & WIFI, DSL, ethernet, MPLS and bandwidth management products e.g. MESH
- Change and patch management.
- RCA creation
- Experience managing monitoring systems such as Virsae and Solarwinds.
- Strong Customer service ethos.
- Supplier management
- Comprehensive knowledge of VOIP technologies
- Good knowledge of networks, routing, WAN, wifi and firewalls.
- Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
- Experience in installing, configuring and managing switches and routers.
- Excellent knowledge of patch management and server rebuilds on Avaya platforms and at least one other vendor
- Solid general knowledge of current Windows OS.
- Genuine interest in technology and keen enthusiast of emerging technologies.
- Articulate, confident and knowledgeable communicator.
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and specific role and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.