Business Development Manager
Full time / South East
AdEPT Technology Group is an award-winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry. AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy. Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era – providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, empowering AdEPT with a new era solution alongside existing service offerings.
The Role in Brief
The purpose of the role is to win new business for Adept Technology Group, providing C-Level thought leadership, consultation and solution recommendations to new and existing customers. The main responsibility will be selling Adept’s portfolio in a consultative “business outcome led” manner, and being able to articulate the benefits and comparisons of solutions in a simple effective manner to ensure that our solution addresses the customer requirements and business objectives. The successful candidate will have significant successful new business sales experience, preferably with WAN, Voice and UC expertise, across public sector and/or enterprise customers and prospects. An in depth market knowledge, sales success and product credibility is essential.
- To exceed stated sales targets as agreed with your line manager by selling the appropriate solution and associated products that meets the business requirements of customers, and to win significant opportunities that deliver incremental revenue streams into AdEPT.
- Engage with senior contacts (including C-Level), other business influencers, and decision makers in the most strategic prospects within new and existing customers, whilst providing complete confidence in our capability.
- Lead the qualification of opportunities to recommend the best solution, lead the closure plan and sale.
- Represent the customer needs and provide thought leadership in the development of our product portfolio and account specific sales strategies.
- Work collaboratively with our solution partners, develop relationships and campaign activities to drive value-add joint go to market propositions.
- Fully consider and help sell the end to end solution to maximise Adept revenues; including WAN and LAN, Traditional Voice, Inbound Services, SIP, UC and Contact Centre requirements
- Have an appreciation of underlying network and associated technologies (eg. MPLS and SIP trunking, Voice and IPT) and competitive UC supplier offerings
- Create new business relationships with potential customers, and upsell services into existing customers to extend the scope of existing Adept contracts
Required Critical Competencies and Behaviours
- Put the customer’s objectives at the heart of everything we do.
Know the Business:
- Be the recognised, passionate, driven sales bench-mark in AdEPT
- Understand AdEPT, the core strategy, sector strategies, sales plans, specific Account Development plans, current products and product roadmap, and have strong market awareness.
- Full understanding of competitions capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Build strategies to maximise our success.
- Be able to understand customer’s businesses drivers and how technology contributes to their strategic goals.
- Able to influence at all levels in customers and internally.
- Share an inspiring vision, and gain buy in from all stakeholders, on how our solutions drive our success and how Adept is best positioned to develop and deliver such solutions.
- Be able to negotiate decisions on qualification of customer opportunities and communicate and justify these decisions with other departments to gain support and formal approvals. Demonstrate a variety of influencing skills suitable to level and situation.
- Be excellent at communicating strategic thinking to the client base. Demonstrate excellent clarity in all types of communication and ability to utilise a broad variety of communication tools.
- Relate to people at all levels and actively build appropriate relationships both formal and informal.
- Be able to champion cross-functional work across sales, ops, commercial, and delivery to ensure service offerings can be delivered at the best cost and within timescales, through early engagement and detailed gap analysis with the stakeholder group.
- Able to work consistently in scenarios where bespoke solutions need to be tailored to underpin customer requirements.
- Develop compelling Adept propositions and provide complete confidence in our capability
- Demonstrate ability to make the most of potential and build capability.
- Demonstrate high standards, always looking for improvement, continually assessing own performance and developing skills.
Energy & Drive:
- Take charge of situations and initiate action. Set ambitious but realistic plans.
- Understand and manage emotions of self and others. Able to handle stressful situations calmly.
Forecasting and Opportunity Management:
- Strong forecasting skills, and disciplined use of CRM to track opportunities
- Experience in selling solutions to UK centric public sector and/or enterprise customers. Proven history of winning new business
- Experience in selling WAN/Voice/UC is essential
- Experience in responding to complex, high value bids based on applicable technologies and solutions
- Strong experience in a customer facing environment
- A sound working knowledge of business procedure and processes.
- Communication skills: first class ability to understand and present solutions to clients, drawing out commercial benefits and matching solutions to customer requirements.
- Strong commercial understanding, to interact with customers and Finance to ensure benefits of solutions for customers and profitability for Adept are optimal.
- Full understanding of Adept in-house and partner capabilities
- Awareness of emerging technologies and how they strategically fit with Adept’s commercial strategy and the goals of its customers.
- Gain understanding of all products and services offered by Adept to ensure tight integration of solutions, and identification of additional opportunities.
- Flexibility to handle extensive UK travel and overnight stays. Flexibility is needed over start and end times to support, for example, customer issues or proposal deadlines.
- Strong negotiating skills
- An effective communicator and excellent networking and business skills
- Hold a full (clean) driving licence
Package to be discussed on application. It is our desire to invest in individuals with training and development plans and help them with their career progression goals.
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and specific role and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.