Full time / South East
AdEPT Technology Group is an award-winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry. AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy. Focused on providing solutions that incorporate Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, AdEPT offers strategic solutions alongside existing service offerings, all the while creating, building and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients.
The Role in Brief
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for their first step into an HR career. You will be joining a growing, ambitious and friendly organisation, and will support the Head of People & Performance and Chief People Officer in all administrative duties and assist in providing a full HR service for the Group.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- To assist the Head of People and Chief People Officer in providing a comprehensive HR administration service.
- To act as a first point of contact for all customers to the Human Resources team.
- To be one of the primary contacts and systems administrators for queries on our HRIS and to assist in completing the full systems implementation.
- To provide an effective HR administration service relating to the employment lifecycle.
- To co-ordinate HR recruitment systems including DBS
- To ensure accurate HR records on all employees
- To provide HR reports as required
Recruitment and selection
- Carry out all the administrative processes in the recruitment process, for example; prepare recruitment documents, organise interviews, draft and place adverts and administer tests.
- Ensure that the HR service undertakes all necessary employment checks including DBS checks and right to work, qualification and medical checks and references.
- Respond to all website and email applications in line with Company policy.
On-boarding and induction
- Administer the process for new employees and workers, for example; prepare contracts, offer letters, process all pre-employment checks, create and send welcome packs to new starters.
- Conduct induction meetings with new employees and workers and liaise with Line Manager’s and Mentors to ensure they are aware of their responsibility in the induction process.
- Administer the probation process ensuring Managers know when review meetings need to take place.
- Assist payroll with running reports from HR systems as required
Appraisal and staff development
- Assist with the roll out, monitoring and reporting on AdEPT’s Performance Development Review programme, ensuring all PDR’s are carried out and feedback given within the agreed timescales.
HR database and reporting
- Be the primary contact for queries on the HR system (Sage People)
- Act as systems administrator for MHR, configuring the system as required, controlling all user access, managing data flows in and out of the system and ensuring accuracy and data protection compliance and liaising with Sage People to troubleshoot queries as required.
- Ensure the HR Database accurately reflects current staff conditions and details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave.
- Provide appropriate reports from the HR database for the purpose of auditing and monitoring employee data and training.
- Database cleansing.
Advice and guidance
- Provide day to day advice to Line Managers and Employees on general HR related queries, requests and company Policies and Procedures, escalating more complex issues to the Head of People.
- Assist in formal meetings, such as employee disciplinaries and grievances as required.
- Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner, the Line Manager is aware of the process and any outstanding annual leave is calculated in accordance with the employee’s terms and conditions.
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted for all staff.
- Carry out general administration tasks for the HR Department, for example; devising standard Human Resources documents and letters and manage the HR inbox.
- Respond to reference requests for current or ex-members of staff
- Ensure electronic and paper based personnel files are maintained and filing/archiving is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the HR Manager in developing and implementing new projects.
Member of a team
- Provide weekly / monthly updates for the Head of People & Performance.
- Work closely with several payroll administrators
Department Organisation Structure
Reports to Head of People & Performance
Skills / Interests required
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to work accurately, with great attention to detail
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Must be willing to travel between multiple sites
- Analytically minded
Essential & demonstrable
- Experience of delivering projects on tight timescales
- Experience working in an HR environment is desirable but not essential
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and specific role and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.