Full-time / Yorkshire / The North
AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the technology industry.
AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Focused on providing solutions that incorporate Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, AdEPT offers strategic solutions alongside existing service offerings, all the while creating, building and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients.
Role in Brief
The role of installation engineer is a fast paced and exciting role. The role has loads of variation you will be expected to install telephone systems, data cable networks, cloud telephony and 3rd party applications.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong background in telecommunications and network infrastructure. You will be working within a small experienced team on client sites throughout the UK and your customer communication skills and project management skills will be fully tested. The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- Project management- you will be responsible for the installation and setup of various projects from small telephone system/cloud systems to large complex systems and networks. You will be expected to work with the client to ensure to ensure the installation fully satisfies their expectation.
- Customer interaction- when you arrive on a clients site you will be expected to run through the project with the client and identify any errors, omissions or variations that maybe required to meet the clients expectations any changes required will be feedback into the sales team.
- Documentation_ adherence to company and client processes to deliver an outstanding experience is a must for the role. Working within the team to ensure all client documentation is updated and correctly recorded in the relevant system aiding effective completion of the job.
- Installation of Avaya/LG telephone systems and Nebula Cloud.
- Installation and setup of 3rd party applications (call recording, call reporting, voice mail and WiFi telephony).
- Installation of Cat5/6 and Fibre structured cabling systems.
- Setup VPN’s across multiple sites to support remote office support or networked systems.
- Installation of routers and SIP lines.
- Work with the client to establish the best setup to meet their specific business needs .
- Keep abreast of technologies being supported by AdEPT.
Achieving Target Dates
- Working within your team to ensure all competition dates are achieved.
- Where competition dates are unable to be achieved, identify reason and agree steps and actions with the client to achieve the earliest possible completion of the job.
- Communicate with the client, sales account manager and technical manger any variations, omissions and potential issues with any project.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the outcome and with their experience of AdEPT.
- You will neeed to work to achieve the highest standard of installation and identify when assistance is required to achieve this.
- When required provide information to the sales team by reporting all customer response good or bad and provide solutions to any problem that you come across during the coarse of the installation.
Department Organisational Structure
- Reports to the Technical Manager
Skills / Interests Required
- An empathetic approach to dealing with client issues and facing clients where you are seen as the face of AdEPT.
- Capable of handling a variety of situations on a face to face or over the phone basis in a positive, reassuring and professional manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, with awareness of when you need to pull in incremental support to address client issues.
- Working proactively in high pressure environments.
- Passionate about technology and how it benefits businesses.
- Proven track record of working with a UC/CC installation team.
- Avaya and or Ericsson LG Cloud and on premise systems.
- A good understanding of ISDN, SIP, VoiPnetworks.
- 3-5 years installation experience
- Full UK Driving License.
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and the specific role in and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.