AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era – providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore AdEPT is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings.
Role in Brief
The Presales Consultant / Solution Architect works in association with the sales team and holds the responsibility of engaging with clients from a solution and technical perspective during the sales and service delivery process. You will be comfortable working in a client facing environment, and will work closely with both the sales and delivery functions. You will be comfortable presenting the AdEPT roadmap and ensure that the solutions AdEPT propose are technically feasible, can be delivered and supported in a cost effective manner. The output from client interaction will result in solutions, estimated efforts, risks and approaches being generated. The role requires keeping abreast of trends occurring within the market, whilst being knowledgeable with the tools, products and techniques of our key partners, required to effectively win and deliver solutions. To deliver success, it is expected that you will take a hands on role in configuration and testing solutions, this knowledge will require knowledge transfer to the delivery team.
Given the level of client interaction, you will be in a unique position to identify, trends, needs and opportunities within the market and client base, a requirement of the role is that these observations are consolidated and presented to the innovation group such that AdEPT can extend its solution proposition and roadmap.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious technical consultant with technical presales background to join and add value to a growing, ambitious and friendly organisation.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- Client Engagement – Working with the client & prospect base to present AdEPT group performance and capability. Pro-actively inform the client of trends within the Telecoms space, the AdEPT road map and act as the client advocate. Gain understanding of a client’s system specifications, their working practices and the nature of their business in order to provide guidance for their future technology investments. Own peer to peer relationships with technical authorities within key customers and prospects
- Solution Design – Working with the sales team and client to analyse client needs and translating such requirements into the appropriate AdEPT technical product solutions, where required, testing that such solutions will perform as expected, whilst designing, estimating and documenting solutions such that the Delivery Team can execute per the design.
- Presentation of Proposals and Training – Through your knowledge of software, hardware and Networks you will be expected to write proposals, reports and presentations that will be used to win new business and train resources within AdEPT and the client base.
- Problem Management – On occasion where all other avenues have been exhausted you may be required to assist in issue management where it relates to new product or product where you are seen as the expert.
- Pre -sales activities
- Pro-actively inform the client of trends within the Telecoms space
- Present the AdEPT road map and act as the client technical advocate
- Identification of solutions that meet client needs and the testing of such solution, each solution will be adequately documented to allow sign off by the client and execution by the delivery team. Where new products are being launched it is expected that the Presales Consult will take a hands on role.
- Provide detailed estimates for designs being recommend, validate and refine estimates as the number of installs increase.
- Deliver overview of new solutions to the delivery and support team is an essential part of this role
- Knowledge of the latest tools available in our target market
Presentation of Proposals
- Write proposals reports and presentations that will be used to win new business and be the technical evangelist within AdEPT and the client base
New Product Solutions and Roadmap
- Push Market Trends & challenges information in an agreed format within AdEPT
- Assist with designing of new group solutions, and the testing, training and deployment support of such solution
- Monitoring the success of new product roll out in conjunction with the sales team
- Client Satisfaction – NPS Is the ultimate measure for our business, on occasion you may be required to assist with problem resolution
- Use of, and input to, AdEPT Best Practices – Ensure the processes required to manage a client effectively are utilised & embrace relevant best practices.
Member of a Team
- Provide weekly / monthly reporting – for the Sales Director / Presales Manager
- Be part of appraisals – in line with AdEPT policies and develop training plans as / when required.
- Attend meetings – with Clients to present AdEPT capability, ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to meeting.
- Create – and confidently deliver business presentations internally and externally.
- Existing Customer nurturing – being the owner of the client technical roadmap and associated AdEPT solutions
- Establish credible relationship – to develop & execute existing customer nurturing activities, to encourage take up of the wider AdEPT propositions and to foster customer loyalty / advocacy.
Department Organisation Structure
Reports to the Sales Director / Presales Manager
Skills / Interests Required
- Passionate about client success
- Proven ability to be seen as a trusted advisor
- Able to manage multiple priorities to achieve (exceed!) targets
- Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses
- Process driven and organised / attention to detail
- Professional and high energy
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written
- Willing to travel in the UK as needed
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Strong experience in Voice, Contact Centre (Avaya and 8×8 ideally), Microsoft Teams, SD-WAN and WAN
- Degree in Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the IT industry
- Good knowledge of hardware and software with hands on experience
- Totally customer focused
- Friendly and approachable, good attention to detail, client facing
- Reliable and excellent communicator both orally and in print
- Detail oriented, understand Quality and strive to deliver service
- Ability to identify opportunities and generate new business
- Team player, willing to go the extra mile for colleagues and customers
- Flexibility of working hours and travelling are key requirement of this role
Keen interest in technology and cloud solutions are a must.
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and the specific role in and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.