Product Manager, Microsoft
Full time, London / South East
AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the ICT industry.
As a Managed Service Provider we have a broad range of portfolio skills including; data networking, voice & unified communications, IT Services, Cloud and Security. We invest in our own product capability as well as develop technical and service skills to support the go-to-market solution of chosen strategic partners.
AdEPT is a Microsoft Gold Network Partner for commercial sector and a Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider within the Education sector.
With an existing large base of Microsoft users, we have strong penetration in Modern Workplace, a growing incidence of Dynamics customers and a nascent Azure base.
With our focus on Cloud Centric Services and our own hybrid cloud environment, the Mircosoft portfolio is seen as at the heart of our future success.
We have a requirement for an experienced Product Manager to support the evaluation, development, introduction, management and improvement of differentiated Microsoft products into AdEPT and its customer base.
Role in Brief
The Product Manager will own the business strategy behind the Microsoft portfolio. Including specifying its functional requirements and managing the evolution and launch of AdEPT relevant features.
The Product Manager will create and own a ‘shadow’ P&L for the product set, such that all initiatives and investments can be tracked against the success of the product.
They will coordinate work that may be done by many other functions (like pre-sales, sales, channel partners and professional services teams) and are ultimately responsible for the business success of the product.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills and a good balance of commercial skills to join and add value to a growing, dedicated and friendly organisation.
The role encompasses:
- Understanding the overall market opportunity, and translating this to the market opportunity for AdEPT in terms of a Business Plan for the proposition set
- Creation, and monitoring, of a ‘shadow’ P&L for the product set
- Demand evaluation across AdEPT
- Expert knowledge of the products and where they fit within the target market
- Planning, mapping and implementing the roadmap of Microsoft-related products and services into the AdEPT product portfolio by understanding a) Microsoft and related vendor offerings and b) the customer and market drivers in the AdEPT base
- Owning the supply-side relationship with Microsoft and Techdata, with whom AdEPT holds its CSP.
- Co-ordinating the internal Microsoft expertise across AdEPT and leveraging the partnership relationships for additional skills and capacity.
- Evaluating, developing and introducing Microsoft-related products and services into the AdEPT product portfolio in line with AdEPT’s Product Introduction Process specifying the capabilities and skills required to deliver the solution
- Supporting the development of AdEPT IP (Intellectual Property) and USPs (Unique Selling Points) associated with the Microsoft related product and services within the AdEPT Product Portfolio.
- Proof of Concept ownership and market testing these propositions
- Enhancing the Consulting opportunity around Microsoft related product and services within the AdEPT Product Portfolio by drawing upon the expertise of the AdEPT Consulting team.
- Managing and enhancing the performance and relevance of introduced products by monitoring and acting upon activity, trends and in-life product analysis.
- Speaking at events, delivering briefings and webinars pertinent to AdEPT capabilities within the Microsoft technology stack
The role holder will be accountable for the management and performance of the product, incorporating:
The role holder will be responsible for the roadmap of Microsoft-related products introduced to the AdEPT product portfolio. This will include new products and enhancement to existing, such as:
- Feature development
- Service development
- Commercial development
Deliverables (Not an exhaustive list)
- AdEPT related Business Plan for the proposition set
- Shadow / proxy P&L
- A roadmap of how the Microsoft-related products and services fit with the AdEPT product portfolio
- Progress report covering how Microsoft-related products and services are performing / being introduced into AdEPT
- A skills inventory, continuously report on the current skills within AdEPT and how these need to be trained / developed to meeting the Business Plan
- Production of the AdEPT IP (Intellectual Property) and related demonstrators / Proofs of Concepts, to prove capability and bring the offer to life
- Production of collateral explaining the Unique Selling Points, competitive analysis & how AdEPT brings these to life
- Production of best practice process / project collateral to support a repeatable high-quality deliverable
- Trend communication, internally & externally
- Presentations for events / briefings / webinars
Department Organisational Structure
Reports to; Chief Commercial Officer
Working with; CTO, pre-sales, consulting & sales teams
Direct reports; None
Skills / Interests Required
Strong interest in technology transformation and the process of product development.
A broad interest in the intersection between voice, data, IT, cloud and security service.
Interest in how Microsoft services are deployed and used within private and public sector contexts.
An interest in the Managed Service Provider sector and the role it plays in supporting customers.
Microsoft products and services – features, advantages, benefits, weaknesses and pitfalls. An understanding of configuration of Microsoft services, including in Azure.
Navigating Microsoft portals and personnel.
Microsoft distributors such as Techdata
Information technology systems, including; hardware, software, systems architecture and support services. Gained through both formal training and hands-on experience.
Current IT, voice and security issues and technologies concerning the industry, together with a demonstrable interest in keeping abreast with technical developments in this field.
Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with departments such as sales, service, operations and engineering.
Organised, analytical and methodical to ensure effective product introduction; yet creative and intuitive to support the development of uniqueness in our products.
Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly to provide rapid product introduction when required.
Ideal but not essential
Alternative software and cloud provider portfolios such as Google.
Essential & demonstrable
Direct Microsoft product experience
Product development and/or product management experience
Technical / feature rich skills
Working with mixed stakeholders
Pre-sales expertise – Can demonstrate ability to adapt approach with customer / team in order for the objectives of the project/business to be achieved. Requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial environment.
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and specific role and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.