Full-time / South-East
AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era – providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore AdEPT is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings.
Role in Brief
This is a client facing role with the primary responsibility of the Project Engineer being the successful delivery of customer projects and IT improvement plans. You will be expected to execute the designs as documented and presented by either the Technical Consultant or Solution Architect, such designs will/may include migration, configuration, documenting and testing of the solution whilst providing the Project Manager with daily updates on project tasks allocated to yourself. The individual is expected to take part in meetings and conference calls and support the Senior/Project Delivery Manager in planning and execution of projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong engineering skills to join and add value to a growing, ambitious and friendly organisation.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- Project Delivery – The role will involve a mix of both office-based and client facing / on-site activity and will require some flexibility in both location and hours to deliver projects successfully. You will be responsible for the execution of the agreed solution in line with best practice and customer requirements as specified by either the Solution Architect or Technical Consultant. You will establish a positive working relationship with the client, and members of the AdEPT organisation. It is expected that tasks allocated to you will be delivered to time, scope and budget with progress communicated to all stake holders via the appropriate medium, be it face to face, phone / conference calls or via documentation including e mail. All relevant systems are required to be updated with forecasts and actuals
- Technical Advice and Support – As part of project delivery it is expected that you will be able to provide advice to your clients and junior colleagues in relation to solutions being implemented. On occasions you may be requested to support the sales team with sales bid activities.
- Documentation – Ensure all documentation is completed within scope, including test evidence, configuration, and training documents are updated and current. Where requested by the Project Delivery Manager you will provide input in to RACI, RAID logs, status reports and project plans. All AdEPT business systems need to remain current to facilitate the technical handover to the support teams.
- Support – Collaboratively work with the Helpdesk team to handover projects and occasionally provide 2nd and 3rd line support where the support team are unable to close out tickets.
- Ensure you fully understand the scope, risks and activities of project tasks allocated to yourself
- Perform hardware and software installations (primarily based around Microsoft products)
- Implement a range of new systems from simple computer installations through to complex multisite infrastructure implementation
- Work with the client both on site and offsite to develop, configure and integrate Microsoft, Network, Voice, & Unified Comms solutions within time, budget and scope per project definitions.
- Support clients either remotely or at site during UAT and go live efforts
- Update AdEPT business systems with actual and forecast information ensuring systems reflect current state of tasks you are engaged in
- Manage your own project tasks, time keeping and update at the end of each working day
- Recognise situations where additional support or escalation is required
- Provide input in to project documents documents as requested by Senior/Project Delivery Manager
- Keep the Project Manager informed of any project issues, where required discuss and work with other members of Delivery team to find a solution.
- Where appropriate support the business with embedding new systems and processes and engaged in internal system/change programmes
Technical Advice & Support
- Provide technical advice surrounding client solutions being implemented
- Be onsite when necessary, to resolve issues with servers, core networking switches, routers / firewalls, Wi-Fi access points, cloud-based telephone systems and general networking
- Where relevant feed in to sales or projects efforts with technical input
- Provide input and assist in the training of AdEPT resources, where appropriate you may be required to act as a mentor for more junior members of the team
- Ensure all project documentation and AdEPT systems within your scope of work are current
- Where relevant provide input in to Status reports, Project Plans, RAID logs, Test Plans
- Create, document and deliver test evidence
- Where requested provide Sales Team with documentation to support sales efforts
- Identify and document opportunities for process and systems improvement
- Create and update technical documentation relating to new and existing systems and solutions
- Where requested create training materials to assist with the knowledge transfer and upskilling of AdEPT resources
- Produce technical documentation and knowledgebase articles where appropriate
- Provide assistance to in-house support team as necessary (sharing knowledge with them)
- Key liaison between the Projects team and the support teams.
- Where appropriate provide direct support to customers via telephone and email, and to the second / third line support teams
- Assist with out of hours work if required, this may include weekend work.
Member of a Team
- Be part of appraisals in line with AdEPT policies and develop training plans as / when required
Skills / Interests Required
- Able to manage multiple priorities to achieve targets
- Passionate about technology and how it can grow the business
- Demonstrate successful experience of On-Premise and Cloud services
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Process driven and focused on quality
- Detail oriented and organised
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written
- Willing to travel in the UK as needed
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Manage a small team of engineers while covering for the PM’s annual leave
Essentials and Demonstrable:
- Desirable qualifications – Prince 2 or CompTIA Project+
- > Over 5 years direct and relevant Project Engineer experience
- Can demonstrate the ability to adapt based on different project tasks and customer types
- Proven track record of achievement against targets and goals
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and the specific role in and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.