Remote Support Engineer
Full-time / Orpington
AdEPT Technology Group is an award-winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry. AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy. Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era – providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, empowering AdEPT with a new era solution alongside existing service offerings.
The Role in Brief
The Remote Support Engineer works directly with subscribing schools and is also the 1st point of escalation within the Support Team and AdEPT’s Onsite Technicians. You will be supporting the 1st Line Engineers and AdEPT’s Onsite Technicians dealing with technical issues passed to you. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions. You will be exposed to topics such as desktop, servers, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.
You will act as the primary point of contact for your assigned tickets raised by both phone, email, and the case management system, as well quickly identifying the priority of the issue and ensuring they are dealt with within an agreed SLA. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, peers and senior members of the team, enabling the gathering of all relevant information around the issues & correctly recording this within the service management system. Where necessary you will escalate issues to the relevant team and report key information to the Service Desk Manager. The role requires you to be able to move from one issue to another efficiently, whilst dealing with a broad range of technologies and end user abilities.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- Supporting The Customer – Working on issues raised by clients, understanding the different business needs of the customers and recording all key information to support them. Support can be via phone or email. Adherence to company & client processes to deliver an outstanding experience. Utilising a range of remote access & monitoring tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Achieving SLA targets – Managing your time to prioritise urgent tickets while ensuring all requests meet the contracted SLA.
- Customer Satisfaction – Owning issues through the initial phases of support and keeping the clients informed of all progress with the issue. Working with the clients to ensure a quick and effective resolution to the item raised. Deliver effective communication with all customers including Directors.
- Documentation – Working within the team to ensure all client documentation is updated and correctly recorded in the relevant system aiding effective closure times. Documentation includes client’s infrastructure, emails, and updating of system to aid the support process and allows other parts of the business to effectively manage the end-to-end process. It is essential that data is accurate and recorded in Help Desk Systems to ensure AdEPT can accurately report on services provided, ticket status, and activities undertaken.
- Providing Support – You will be working on issues that have been escalated by the 1st line team and AdEPT’s Onsite technicians, becoming the primary point of contact on that ticket. You will need to prioritise your work ensure any failed IT service is restored as quickly as possible while providing regular updates on all your tickets. Providing communication to other areas of business about major problems and on-going issues.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers – When necessary, request support from external suppliers regarding hardware, software or connectivity support. Communicate updates to the customer and ensure 3rd party meets its SLA targets.
Supporting the customer
- Answering inbound calls from clients.
- Picking up tickets and managing tickets to closure, it is expected that on average 7 hours will be logged within a shift.
- Identify where tools, processes and systems are impacting closure rates.
- Be capable of understanding the number and type of issues you have personally closed and be capable of discussing any problematic tickets with peers and line management.
- Supporting the customer base with a varied range of technologies including desktop support, email issues, connectivity requirements, printers, telephone systems & 3rd party applications.
- Keeping the customer and ticket updated with developments.
- Where required escalating the ticket either within the team or on to the next support level.
Achieving SLA targets
- Working within your team to ensure all tickets are actioned within SLA.
- Where tickets are unable to be closed with a first fix, identify further resolution steps and actioned with the client.
- Monitored activity through various ticket reporting tools.
- You will be expected to meet or exceed customer expectations with regards to the SLA.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the outcome & with their experience of AdEPT.
- You will need to work to achieve the highest standard of response and identify when assistance is required to achieve this.
- When required provide information to the service delivery teams by providing information about ongoing tickets and reports relating to customers history.
Documentation & Information
- By providing regular and effective documentation you will help to maintain and effectively monitor a client’s systems and networks.
- Accuracy and detail are key to effective documentation it is expected that all relevant documentation will be completed for each ticket worked.
- Your documentation of an incident will be reviewed when escalating and must provide all relevant information.
- All tickets need to accurate reflect the current status and must be closed out once work activities to address the issue are complete.
Supporting 1st Line & Onsite Technicians
- Working on issues escalated by the 1st line team and Onsite Technicians, ensuring you maintain the documentation and communication for the issue.
- Identifying when business critical IT services are impacted and adjusting the ticket priority accordingly.
- Working within your team to identify the fix and any underling issues that could cause repeat issues. Report this to the Service Desk Manager for review.
- Communicate any ongoing issues to relevant teams including the 1st Line and Onsite Technicians to ensure no time is wasted on repeat troubleshooting.
- Provide feedback to Service Desk Manager on issues that have been escalated including documented fixes.
Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- When required raising cases with 3rd party vendors for supported products.
- Ensure regular updates to the tickets to meet SLA requirements.
- Where required arrange access to sites or servers for further support.
- Provide full and clear documentation of the issues to allow for the quickest support.
- Report progress of ongoing cases to Service Desk Manager.
- Escalate case with supplier when required.
- Report and document any action carried out by the 3rd party.
Department Organisation Structure
Reports to the Head of Service, Education
Skills / Interests Required
- Proven ability to take a lead through the life of a ticket.
- Able to manage multiple priorities to achieve SLA targets.
- Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses.
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Previous experience with a ticketing system.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues including firewalls, VPN, WAN & WIFI.
- Windows Server deployment and troubleshooting.
- Experiencing managing monitoring systems
- Storage solutions such as GridStore and Veeam
- Advanced Windows desktop support.
- Virtualisation – VMware, HyperV.
- Strong Customer service Ethos.
- Previous experience with on-prem Exchange and Exchange Online.
- Network security and cyber security.
- VoIP & telecommunications support.
- Experience supporting cloud technologies, such as Microsoft O365 and Google
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and specific role and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.