Sales Manager – Major Accounts
Full-time / South East
AdEPT Technology Group is an award-winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry. AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy. Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era – providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, empowering AdEPT with a new era solution alongside existing service offerings.
Role in Brief
The Sales Manager’s role is to develop, execute and own the sales strategy for a sales team within the AdEPT Group, working into the Sales Director. It is your responsibility for achieving the team target set by the SD and business, which will also include a personal target within a player/manager environment (as directed by the SD).
The Sales Manager is accountable for the achievement of the Revenue and Margin targets building a business with strong GP and EBITDA growth.
The Sales Manager, will ensure that the Major Accounts Sales team has the capability and sales organisation structure required going forward to ensure it delivers on its strategy both at the group and Comms South level.
You will be expected to take part in planning and marketing activities to drive the generation of leads into profitable wins.
The Sales Manager will be driving a modern consultative approach to selling services, including customer engagement and proposition development. The Sales Manager in this role will be integral to creating the telecoms and partner strategy with the key focus of protecting the incumbent base and selling/driving cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- Delivery of the Sales Target through effective management and development of the sales pipeline and resources required to deliver signed client agreements
- The Sales Manager will play an active role in supporting & developing the sales team through personally nurturing and developing resources, engage with large key customers and develop the processes, tools and resources to grow the business and capture market share.
- The Sales Manager will be a mentor and coach to the sales team; thought leader and role model in how to effectively sell AdEPT services enabling customers to transition away from legacy services
- The Sales Manager will ensure the ongoing recruitment, development and retention of sales personnel
- Travelling to Client & AdEPT offices as and when required is a key requirement of the role
- Budget – Create, develop and agree the sales budget for the team, identifying the number and type of deals to be closed and when whilst defining the financial and human resource required to deliver the sales numbers proposed.
- Drive Sales – Define and implement the sales strategy, campaigns and events of the team , working in conjunction with AdEPT group marketing resources
- Ensure adequate in year pipeline coverage to meet sales target
- Meet or exceed sales targets on Monthly, Quarterly, Annual basis
- Support the sales team in Identifying and qualifying prospects
- Provide support for the sales team working on client opportunities, conducting needs/solutions analysis, preparing proposal and presenting capabilities to prospective clients
- Where appropritate meet with potential customers to understand their environment, people, processes and tools to assist with the scoping and design/refinement of the offering.
- Identify potential future products or add ons, ancillary services to increase attractiveness of voice offerings (including new partners and functionality)
- Drive best practices for the sales team in conjunction with operations, delivery and service management.
- Ensure procedures and best practices are documented including effective client tracking, measurement and reporting capabilities such that at any point in time current position v budget is known.
- Establish targets for all account management resources within the team, working with the SD
- Ensure Bid Reviews are in place for all “key” deals where “key” is defined as either large, strategic or new product deals
- Assist the sales team in ensuring that all proposals and contracts are accurately prepared, presented and managed to meet the required structure and margin guidelines.
- Ensure Win/Losses are understood and appropriate actions taken to either capitalise on variables resulting in wins, or variables corrected where appropriare where losses are incurred
- Education of the Senior Account Managers with all aspects of the Adept offerings.
Member of a Team
- Provide weekly / monthly reporting for the Sales Director of division
- Provide strategic updates to CEO/Board as requested
- Be part of appraisals in line with AdEPT policies and develop training plans as / when required
- Collaborating with presales, delivery and partners to price opportunities and the relevant resources to identify appropriate solutions to meet specific requirements.
- Determine technical and business requirements through attending key meetings with potential Clients to ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
- Create and confidently deliver business presentations internally and externally.
- Contribute the business elements of a solution into sales proposal documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to clients of using AdEPT solutions.
Existing Customer Nurturing
- Develop & execute existing customer nurturing activities, to encourage take up of the wider AdEPT propositions and to foster customer loyalty / advocacy
- Ensure that all existing voice customers are kept abreast of the market changes and convince them they are in the right hands with Adept taking them on the voice journey
Department Organisation Structure
Reports to the divisional Sales Director
Skills / Interests Required
- Ability to influence customer and/or organisational leadership to accomplish objectives
- Proven leadership and managerial skills; demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Enthusiastic and proven leader with the ability to inspire, motivate, and develop an effective sales capability.
- Proven ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage several/conflicting assignments simultaneously
- Strong financial acumen required; decisions made by this individual will have significant operational or financial impact.
- Strong operational knowledge and experience with service offerings and platforms
- Excellent presentation and executive reporting skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Ability to engage at CxO Level and influence strategy
Essential and Demonstrable
- >10 years in telecoms / IT sales.
- Experience in managing sales teams and individuals
- Proven track record of achievement against target
- Professional Services delivery and client management experience including people management experience
- Experience in selling technology implementation & integration projects, and expanding vendor footprint in client accounts
- Identification of opportunities within commercial businesses.
- Ability to create deals using a combination of pricing / financing models
- Can demonstrate ability to adapt approach based on different customer types / markets
Work with us
Interested? Send us some information about yourself and specific role and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.