Service Desk / Installations Engineer
Full-time / Doncaster
AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era – providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore AdEPT is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings.
Role in Brief
We are looking for a Service Desk Engineer who can combine his helpdesk skills with being able to also attend customer sites to undertake LG on premise and Hosted system installs and configuration changes etc.
This position is available immediately in our Doncaster office.
Working with other AdEPT Engineers, the Technical Team Manager and Heads of Technical departments, and maintaining close contact with relevant Account Managers and the Administration Team, the Service Desk Engineer will log and respond to support tickets via our Help Desk system and assist with new and existing equipment setup, maintenance, configuration and breakdown repairs as required. Service is provided remotely using tools such as TeamViewer, Remote Desktop, VNC, or VPN clients – or – where required, working on site at customer premises.
Also, as part of the role, the engineer is also required to plan and resource the project/installation work assigned to them and carry out LG on premise and hosted installations, upgrades and service requests, seeing them through to completion.
Self-learning and use of all technical resources, Knowledgebase documentation and Help documentation is key. Training resources will be provided via Manufacturer online learning, Instructor-led training courses, and through internal knowledge sharing.
AdEPT is a dynamic, youthful and expanding technology company working from new modern offices. offering a fresh and relaxed working atmosphere but still with a focus for hitting project deadlines and giving expert advice.
Skills / Interests Required
- A proactive team player
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills
- Eager to accept new challenges and use their initiative in problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- A high degree of personal integrity, trust and honesty
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
Essential & Demonstrable
- In-depth Telecommunications knowledge including SIP, ISDN, analogue lines, cabling and inbound number translation
- LG- essential skills including understanding system configuration, carrying out diagnostics and EMG80 / UCP deployment
- LG- advanced skills including implementing complex installation which will include SIP provisioning. Remote workers and Icall installation.
- UCS implementation for mobile and soft phone users
- Broadband and leased line experience
- General IT knowledge including Windows PC operation, software and hardware essential skills
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to visit customer sites alone or with another engineer to install, repair or replace equipment, provide training, diagnostics or carry out site surveys
- Willingness to work flexibly including occasional weekend and evenings, for which overtime pay will be received
- Previous experience in the telecoms / IT industry
- Competent user of Microsoft Windows, Office and web
- Ability to communicate effectively by email, phone, in person and via web chat
- Previous use of a CRM system (preferably Autotask)
- Firewall setup and configuration
- General Networking knowledge including LAN switches, routers, IPV4, firewall concepts
- Experience with Avaya IP Office 500
Duration: Full Time
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00am to 5:00pm
Salary: £TBC (dependent upon experience and expertise)
Benefits: Vehicle or Car Allowance; Laptop, Mobile Phone & Overtime
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org